transit strike
or "that's one way to lose weight"It took me 45 minutes to walk. Here's the route I took:

Some thoughts:
- At Madison Square, I saw a girl in stilletto heals. Where the heck was she coming from that she could walk in those boots?
- Note to self: tomorrow wear tights. Your legs will get cold no matter how much they're moving.
- Around 18th, I started to feel a bit naseous. More proof I'm out of shape.
- I still hate that new NYU building.
- At Houston, I started to feel sick again. 'Course, it could have just been being at Houston.
- Hm. Maybe I'll cut through Union Square instead of Madison tomorrow. That might be a bit quicker. And then maybe 6th instead of 7th Avenue. I'll try that on the way home.
- I walked approximately 30 blocks. It's 25 degrees, with a wind chill factor bringing it down to around 15. You should never have to walk more blocks than degrees out side.
- Last week: one block to work. This week, around a mile and a half. How much does that stink?
- And finally, in case you were curious, I do support the Transit Union. While I think that paying in a tad for insurance wouldn't kill them, the MTA has enough money to give them decent raises. That's just silly.


2 Comments:
The MTA has a lot of money, but needs to fund public transit in places like Albany and Rochester with it. What is silly is when they give discounted or free rides away to "attract tourists"
I agree about the discounts. What they need to spend it on is the 2nd Avenue subway.
Post a Comment
<< Home