fun with my mom
Mom got in on Friday night. I picked her up at the airport and we headed into the city. After dropping off bags, we went out and met up with some of my friends for a drink and then out dinner for yummy steak. Downer of the evening: me slamming my finger in the door. OW.Saturday, we slept in very late. Once we finally got up, we went into the office to do some computer stuff, then walked around the neighborhood. I got some fun stuff from Vercesi Hardware and we shopped around the City Opera Thrift Shop. We went home, I made dinner, and then went out to watch Good Night, and Good Luck - two thumbs up. Then we decided we needed more movies and went home and watched Millions - also two thumbs up.
Sunday, we got up for brunch at Coffee Shop. Momma hadn't seen a clean Grand Central, so we started there. She was very pleased with Hermes showing up all over the place. Then we walked over to the NY Public Library to see the exhibits on Whitman and illuminated manuscripts. Then we walked down to one of my favorite stores, The Complete Traveller. Mom needed her Starbucks fix, then we went home for leftovers and Eastenders (Mom really wanted to know whether Ashley would set fire to Mark Fowler's flat) and Simpsons, CSI and Desperate Housewives.
Fun fun! Tonight's dinner with Lee & Melinda. I'm working, she's playing, and we're having a blast.
And in other news, thanks to Lee, I can now say that New York is safer than San Diego. So, when are you guys moving out here?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home