september wrap up
So, uh, guess I haven't blogged in a while. Here's what's been going on.I can't remember what the heck I did over Labor Day weekend. I must have done something other than unpack. How sad. I know I saw Lee and Melinda but I can't remember what we did. Well, that's just pathetic. OH! I remember now! My friend Ryan helped me get a shelving unit for the tv etc and we had a really nice time hanging out and having brunch and stuff. Then Lee and Melinda and I went to a club in Brooklyn that was good, even though we spent the night talking and not dancing. I feel much better now.
I've been trying to donate platelets but have been unsuccessful (twice!) because my iron count has been too low. Very frustrating. But I bought all kinds of groceries and so now I'm eating better. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.
I got to go to a Yankees/Os game and the Jets home opener with Lee. Good stuff and lots of fun. I feel much better being able to talk about American sports, even though I'm quite rusty, as Lee will attest.
Wedding prep went into overdrive. My dress is being worked on and I've gone for two fittings. My hair is, like, some multi-phase plan that apparently necessitates a bunch of visits. And I spent a whole bunch of money on new makeup, which is ok because I needed it anyways.
I've also been working very hard. At first, I had a really hard time adjusting, but I'm backing in the swing of things and stressed out as usual. I went to a conference in Providence, which was really nice and I was glad for the train ride and quick peek at a new (to me) city.
I went to my first bar mitzvah, well, the after party anyways. I had a really really good time and treated myself to a new dress for the occasion. I justified that by agreeing with myself to wear it to the holiday parties this year.
Unpacking is tedious but steadily progressing. My friend Mike says he's really impressed how much better it is every time he comes over (we're watching Lost together). I felt really bad about it for a while, but I think it's going to take me months because I'm really going through everything. A lot of things need to be replaced and a lot need to go to Goodwill, but this weekend I really worked hard and it's the first time the place has felt like my apartment.
The kitties are happy and healthy. They seem really pleased I'm back and we've moved. I'm looking for a new vet because I don't like their old one. They're due for their booster shots.
Also, my mom got sick. She had appendicitis and it was very scary. But she's home now and doing mucho bettero. I'd expect some money to be coming her way after the way the hospital messed up. I'm just happy she's around. Hi Mom!
Last but not least, I'm looking forward to a trip to London. I'll be there 18-23 October and I'm really excited about seeing my friends. I'm sure to them it doesn't feel like I've been gone that long, but to me it seems like an eternity.
That's pretty much it. Lots of work, lots of staying at home and cleaning etc. Looking forward to the wedding (it's this weekend) and the trip to London. I finally found my camera, so I'll try and post the August pics soon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home