Friday, August 12, 2005

i vant your blood

well, I'm happy to report that I can still donate blood. I was worried about it because there are some restrictions on people who've spent time in the UK and Europe, but I still meet all the criteria. Now, most of you should know by now how strongly I feel about this, but I'm going to do this anyways: go donate blood. Seriously. Make an appointment, go to a blood drive, whatever. I know people like Mom, Sue and Melinda can't but what's the rest of your excuses? Donating blood is easy and doesn't take long at all. I won't lecture you on donating platelets (which I do), except to remind you that they're needed too and help cancer patients, esp. those undergoing chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant recipients and burn victims.

Get up and go:
New York: http://www.nybloodcenter.org
San Diego: http://www.sandiegobloodbank.org/
UK: http://www.blood.co.uk/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home