catch-up post 2
Two friends have celebrated birthdays recently: Adam and Melinda. Happy birthday, you guys.Also, I've promised 4th of July story/pics. Here you go (keeping in mind I don't put pics up of people):
I flew in Thursday June 30, and to be honest, I don't remember what I did. How sad is that? I'm sure someone will remind me. Oh, wait, I met up with Lee. Yeah, 'cause he saw me before I cut my hair. I went and bough my new US cell phone, saw the new kasina offices, and went for a drink with Lee. *phew*
The next day was a chores day. Got my hair cut (4 hours) and tried to get my new NY ID (unsuccessfully) and had dinner and drinks with Ryan.
Saturday I meant to pack, but, well, I couldn't. I needed a break. I did go to Queens for my friend Eric's birthday. It was at a beer garden (or however you spell that) and great fun.
Sunday, Sue got in REALLY early. We got up and got in a cab to go have dim sum with Lee, Melinda, and Jerrod. Yum!
When we left, we bumped into the beginnings of Chinatown's fourth of July celebrationsThen Sue went to hang with Jerrod and I chilled at home reading and watching TV. I know I should have got up, but it was so nice just to relax.
Monday was the big day. Sue and I got up and headed out (a bit late) to get the subway to Yankees stadium We got there and it was absolutely perfect. Just look at this:
and this
but it got even better. You've probably all heard by now, but Lee caught a home run ball (off Giambi). I have special permission to put up this picture of him and Mel with the ball:
How cool is that? Check it out: you can totally see where the bat hit the ball:
He even let me hold it for a minute. So cool. Just to make the day so perfect I could cry, the Yanks came back from behind to beat the Os and they brought in my man, the closer, Mariano Rivera:
Of course, that wasn't the end of the day. We all went bowling and then rushed to Paul's for my favorite burgers, and capped the night off with fireworks
It was a perfect fourth. Everything I wanted and hoped for.
The next day, I had lunch with some friends from work and saw the new apartment. Then Sue and I ran down to the movie theatre so I could see Land of the Dead. It was awesome. I've become a real fan of Romero's. Anyways, then it was back on a plane and home again.
Lee and Mel came to visit later that week, but as you all know, it was also that week that the first bombings occurred. It was also Sean's birthday (he had a great party). And while I'm mentioning it, Taryn and Ryan also had birthdays.
There was a big costume party at my house (sorry - no pics as per no people rule). I gave a presentation to some clients that was very successful. And then last week, I went back to New Jersey on a work trip. I didn't have time to see anybody, but the trip was still ok.
It's a bit stressful right now trying to get everything ready before I leave, but I think you're all up to speed now. I'll try to keep you updated as things happen, but please forgive me if I don't usually have much time to come here. Hope you are all well!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home