Tuesday, November 22, 2005

save a life

I just registered in New York's organ donor registry. There's no national one, but most states have a registry, including California. If you haven't taken the time, please consider registering. I've always marked myself as a donor with the DMV (hey, I still have an ID, even if I don't drive) and I'm sure a lot of you have. These programs formally add you to a list of potential donors and help guarantee your wishes will be carried out.

Also, when was the last time you donated blood? Blood supplies ALWAYS run low over holiday weekends. I'm donating platelets tomorrow and hope Mom will be found eligible to donate whole blood (she's going with me). For New York, go to nybloodcenter.org to schedule an appointment or locate a blood drive. For San Diego, go to sandiegobloodbank.org. In fact, today is the annual Chargers blood drive. You could win a Ford Freestyle! For anywhere else, go to givelife.org, the site sponsored by the Red Cross. What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving? And don't think I forgot you London peeps. Even if it's not Thanksgiving for you, it's still important. Go to the National Blood Service site at blood.co.uk to find out where you can donate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home