NY part two
Carrying on:Wednesday night: drinks with Mike then dinner at Koi with Lee and Melinda. Yummy! and I got to talk to dad and Vicki for a long time on the phone, so a much better night than day.
Thursday: more back to back meetings and dinner with librarians. met up with Ryan for drinks. we tried to go to the Oak Bar, but it was packed, so we walked through central park to go to Tavern on the Green. The bar isn't as fancy as the rest, but I was still excited to finally go. Stayed at the Sheraton NY so I could get up early.
Friday: all day librarian meeting. followed by a chat with the boss and dinner with the librarians again. *phew* good meetings, good dinner, glad to be done. Went out for drinks with the work people at Zanzibar.
Saturday: dress shopping with Melinda and her sister (Beth). Here's what I picked (only it'll be in a dark brown, not burgundy):

I look really fabulous in it, and the designer's adding some strings in case I want to turn it into a halter. (If not, I'll just tuck them in). Of course, now I KNOW I should do some push-ups. Then, brunch at Nolita House and shopping. We met up with the work crew at Pop, went on to Sala 19 for dinner, then out for drinks at Good World Bar.
Sunday: dim sum with Beth and Lee. more shopping. picked up my bag I'd left behind back on Friday night. Packing accompanied by the Daily Show, Twilight Zone [Little Girl Lost - I had no idea how much Spielberg "borrowed" from this episode. I'm actually kind of upset about it, because Poltergeist is one of my all time favorite movies. - and The Little People - later borrowed (no quotes) by the Simpsons. (Little Girl Lost was too.)] and Paul's. Finally, had to say goodbye to the kitties and go to Newark, where I replaced the Yankees hat I lost back in October. And for those of you who care about these things, I saw In Good Company on the plane. Eh, it didn't suck.
Now I'm back and procrastinating and everything's normal again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home