I can't think of a witty title
'cause I'm so damn tired. Yes, the Yanks lost last night after I dragged my butt to a sports bar to watch the game until 4:30. ugh. But it was a lot of fun and I got a good story out of it:So, around the 105th inning (actually, prolly the 10th), a guy comes up to me in a Red Sox shirt. This immediatly puts me on edge as the crowd is decidedly more BoSox than Yanks. Plus I was talking to a cute Yankees fan at the time. Anyhoo, he is very flattering about how I look like a nice Yankees fan etc etc and tells me that Rudy Giuliani is downstairs and I should go with him and check it out. Now, what would you do if you were me and a random Red Sox fan comes straight up to you and tells you this out of nowhere? Needless to say, I don't believe him. I tell him this, he insists, and I say I still don't believe him. So he bets me my Yankees cap that it is Giuliani and tells me the owner of the bar wants the cap to get Giuliani's autograph. Well, ok, I'm gullible. Let's just get that out of the way. But here's thing, it WAS Giuliani. Sitting in a random sports bar/dance club in London watching the game. I may have lost my hat, but it was still pretty damn cool. So, I give up the hat (bummer) but totally impress the guy by doing so. He then invites me over to this side area of the bar appropriately dubbed for the evening as the Red Sox Nation. He tells everyone in there I'm the only nice Yankee fan (backhanded compliment, I know) and I hang out. This guy knows everyone in the bar, not just the owner, and introduced me to the announcer from channel 5 sports (not the dorky English one who knows nothing about baseball, the other one). Of course, I had to sit through a lot of Yankees Suck and worse and I got hit in the head twice when everyone was jumping up and down while I'm trying to be as small as possible, but it was a lot of fun and very cool to be invited over. The owner, Nick, gave me four bottles of beer, but I was too tired to drink, so I donated three to the RSN girls. They asked me to join them tonight if I go, which I won't, but that's still neat. And yes, I gave him my number, so y'all can quite asking me when I'm going to start dating British guys and whether I've met any nice ones. And that's all the details you're getting. :)
Oh, and one more OT. This was fun: Which author's fiction are you? I'm by Dorothy Parker (appropriate, no?).
Dorothy Parker writes you, you wonderfully urbane,
witty boozehound, you.
Which Author's Fiction are You? brought to you by Quizilla


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home