Thursday, October 14, 2004

go on, daddio; go, mo; go, yanks!

Dude, what's better than Mo kicking Boston butt? Me getting to see some! Yes, Channel 5 carried the game last night, so I got to tape it and see it this morning. Got up at 6:00 to make sure I had time before work and then inevitable spoilers from the US news. Sure, it wasn't as epic as Tuesday's game, but at least I got to see that pretty fastball.

But wait! It gets better! I found a bar that carries the games!!! Do you understand how awesome this is? Keep in mind that the games start at 1:00 AM, people. It'll be on after they're allowed to serve liquor, after every other pub has to close. So, I'm battling UK TV that won't show it and bars that don't want to get the license or pay for the feed for a limited market. Now I don't have to sit by myself muttering about the announcers forgetting Arroyo hitting A-Rod or whispering for DJ to knock it out of the park. I get to sit with people who won't ask me how much a home run is worth. (Seriously, didn't see that one coming. I had to explain that yes, runs are worth something, and when I did, I got asked why everyone cheers at home runs if they're worth the same as runs. Lee, karma is my friend, dude.) I'm totally looking forward to Friday and Saturday night. This whole weekend will kick ass. Did I mention I have the flat to myself? You should see the big silly grin my face, guys. It's like ... well, it's like something really good happened that takes me from being grumpy one day to happy the next.

Go Yanks!

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, is it time to worry? i mean, have you had your blood pressure checked? xx mommie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home