Wednesday, September 15, 2004

can I get some cheese with this whine?

I've been a bit blue for the last two days. I called my friend Vicky (thanks for getting the number, Dad) and talked to her last night. She gave me a good reading and some great advice. Lemme know if you're ever looking for a tarot card reader. Anyhoo, I slipped on the stairs this morning and couldn't get up for a couple of minutes and now it hurts to sit, but at least I'm not Jerrod trying to walk up and down into club 151 on crutches. I'm so sorry, dude. Virgin are being wankers (yes, I know what it means and I don't care) and won't let me top up my phone (put more minutes on) using my US credit card online, so I've got to go to a store before I can talk to anyone on my mobile, which actually isn't such a bad thing when you consider I managed to run through £50 in 14 days (yes, more calls from the office and to the house would be a good thing). Of course, the hour I spent on the phone to Kentucky last night probably wasn't the best idea.

On the pink side, I got my tickets from NY to Vermont and I'm looking forward to seeing everybody. If I figure out my camera in time (I know I know, Lee), I'll bring back some digital pics of the flat. It's going to be a busy trip but lots and lots of fun. Mom and Sue (not that you can read this where ever you are), I hope you're thinking about what you want to see while you're in London. Um, I don't know what else. Just thought I'd ramble for a while. After all, what the hell else is a blog for?

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New job; new apartment; new country; no close friends. Sounds like homesickness to me. Chin up, old girl!

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, blue+pink=lavender. but what do i know? Sue is in Chicago (Chicargo) and is ditching the idea of taking a morning train into see the Sears Tower, now that she has figured out today is Wednesday. On to Cleveland tomorrow, hoping to hit Nigagra Falls. She is due at VT in the p.m. on Friday.
London? not Charing Cross road, forbid, but where's the closest Waterstone's? forget the Eye. can i see Yeats's crypt? Jack the Ripper's haunt?
kisses, veb

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Laura said...

hm, I suppose the person who decided to call me old also decided to stay anonymous. probably wise. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home