Wednesday, September 01, 2004

flat chase

oh I saw the perfect flat last night. It's huge: 5 stories, 2 bathrooms, and a garden! There are 5 other people (3 girls, 2 guys). It's 15-20 minutes walk from work and two blocks from one of the most jumpin' neighborhoods (tre East Village). I'm just dying to get it, but it's very hot property and I'm auditioning for the role of flatmate. I'm on the "shortlist" of 3 people they want to see again. Very frustrating and nerve-racking. I feel like I'm waiting to see which team will pick me in gym class. Who knows? Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow or the next day.

Lee gets in tonight. Yay!

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this in the past, but there's a canteen in the office that serves food for lunch. Free=good; food=bad. Today they had a barbeque on the roof and it was the best damn lunch I've ever had here. Unfortunately, my colleagues also said it's the best damn lunch they've ever had here, and some of them have been eating here for over three years.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Belle.
Finally figured out to check your blog, duh! Excited to hear about flat possibilities.
Oh, you'll soon be learning to Hoover the carpet, clean the loo, etc. But that will not dull the intrigue of your exotic American-ness to the blokes, right?
See you soon.
Barnsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home