Tuesday, August 31, 2004

update

So, a week has gone by and I haven't written much. Of course, oddly, it seems as though not much as happened that I can relate. After the passport fiasco, things calmed down quite a bit. I've been diligently (sorta) looking for a flat. I finally have a mobile number (email me if you need the number) but no bank account yet.

Work has been improving. Everyone is REALLY nice and keep checking up on me. I've even *gasp* made a new friend whose obsession with horror movies crushes mine into the dust. I'm actually even ***gasp*** being productive now and again. Mainly, I'm having fun asking people what a jacket is (jacket potatoes are baked potatoes) since I've finally figured out who the Milktray Man and Captain Birdseye are thanks to the "100 Greatest Ads on British TV."

I miss everybody and I'm totally thrilled Lee will be here tomorrow. Of course, I'm finding it very easy to find someone to go out with during the week. I've been out with the guys from IT, some folks from New Technology, and of course, Marketing. On Monday (Bank Holiday), I went to a horror movie festival (thanks to the new friend) and saw One Point 0 (not bad) and the Alien vs. Predator trailer (shockingly not bad) and then walked back to Kings Cross from Leicester Square.

It's the weekends that are a bit lonesome. I can't wait until I get a flat. I've seen one but didn't love it. I'll be looking at two tonight. More soon I hope!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura:
Sounds like U R getting along alright. When U get a chance, ask some local bloke to define the difference between a barister (sp?), a lawyer, a solicitor and a lawyer. I called a local lawyer here a barister one time and he got all upset. I thought the titles were interchangable.
Grandad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home