Lee's visit
Hiya. Today I'm yawning and avoiding ordering folders, so I thought I'd do a quick highlights tour of last weekend when Lee was here. If he sends me pictures, maybe I can figure out how to link to them.Saturday, we went to the Borough Market. Lots of cheeses and olives and meats and stuff that apparently you can't get in the states, like Iberico Ham. Lee was like a little kid in a candy store. (Well, you were.) :) Then we walked over to the Tate Modern. Good stuff! Didn't get to see the Hopper exhibit, but the main galleries were more than enough on their own. It's very odd because it's organized by theme, but I liked it anyways. I finally found a video installment I like (Sam Taylor's Still Life). Fabulous Magrittes (The Healer especially) and Picassos (though he's really more Lee's thing). I loved the light exhibit (Olafur Eliasson's Your Double Lighthouse Projection) and I discovered some one new (to me): Siqueiros (Cosmos y desastre - totally captivated me).
Sunday, we went to the Globe and saw Much Ado About Nothing. Josie Lawrence (Who's Line is it Anyway?) played Benedick and she was wonderful. We stood in the open air and watched her improv her way through a woman fainting in the audience. Much fun!
Anyways, I have to get back to work, but that's a little touristy update for you. And, no, I don't have an apartment so don't ask. *sigh*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home