you know: me
I've been getting flack that I don't talk about myself in my blog and stuff. Well, that's because you're a diverse bunch of people. I don't think my grandma is interested in the same stuff Sean is and vice versa. It makes it hard sometimes and I like being random. However, y'all have a point, so here's an update of the last week or so.So, I got back from Milan on the 20th. The following week was mostly about work (of course) but the UK closes on Good Friday and Easter Monday, so I got a nice four-day weekend. Anyways, that week I began to focus on a PR project, which is nice since I never get to work on PR. I also found out that my boss has decided to move back to the UK in June. This puts pressure on me to figure out when I want to go back and whether to fight to stay or just come home like I'm supposed to. I spent most of my long weekend thinking about it in the way I usually meditate on a given problem: lots of couch surfing. Although, I did go out on Friday night with flatmate-Julia for her birthday. Anyways, I thought about it and I don't really have anything keeping me here, even though I like it and the work environment is tons better. And Jerrod will kill me if I don't come home. Plus there's weddings and Susan in Vermont, so I'm not going to push to stay. However, I do think it would be lame if I got less than 11 months here, so I am going to fight to stay until at least August 20. I figure, party on my bday in London Friday night, fly home, party (prolly low-key) Saturday night in NY. That's not firm, but that's what I'm thinking.
Following week, well, more work. But my friend Jasmine had a party to raise money for the uniforms for her cheerleading squad on Wednesday and drinks with another friend on Friday then out to Herne Hill for dinner. Oh, and lunch with Adam on Friday, too. Then more couching surfing, including the new Dr. Who (second episode WAY better than first). I did go on a cooking kick and cooked my cuban fish and pasta for my flatmates on a couple of nights.
This week, well, nothing's happened yet. My taxes absolutely completely suck. I spent all day on them yesterday and got nowhere. So, I figure I'll shell out the $300 I don't have on H&R Block or something. I just can't get the international crap straight - and that's before I deal with NY state and city. Tonight I'm almost definitely going to see Lizz Wright (Lee/Mel: remember my bday a couple of years ago?) tonight but probably by myself since no one else seems interested.
That's pretty much it. Hope you all feel nice and updated. Random thoughts, I'm sure, next time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home