happy election day
I'm like a celebrity this week. Everyone wants to know who's going to win (I've been saying my money - not my vote - is on Bush, but I'm torn since the Redskins game), whether I'm going to stay up to watch the results (hell no), and how the electoral college works. Did you know that in the UK the incumbent prime minister who has lost has to be out of office AND the residence by 10:00 a.m. the day after the election? Totally shocked me. Apparently, it's quite the spectacle. Meanwhile, I've been trying to explain why it's a good thing to give people two months to switch over governments.In other rambling US vs. UK news, they don't do Halloween here - not the way we do it in NY - but Sean (mention #3) took pity on me and invited me to hang out with his friends. I'm looking forward to bonfire night, which is the same thing as Guy Falkes and takes place this Friday. I'll see if I can get you pictures of that one. Finally, clothes cost the same numerically here, so I'd pay double everytime I bought something. (Yes, Lee, I'm doing better not thinking of it that way, but still...) So I'm going to try Topshop, which is supposed to be fabulous.
If you haven't already heard, there's new 30-Second Bunnies movies (YAY!). Go to http://www.starz.com. They'll move over to angryalien.com later. Also, I've finally figured out the whole sushi fingers vs. chopsticks (fingers) and learned some new stuff as well. And finally, here's a couple of fun links for avoiding work, not that I ever go to them:
- Email survey generator
- http://www.i-am-bored.com/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home