bonfire night et al
so, I don't actually have much to say, but I haven't posted in a bit and I figured you guys want to hear about bonfire night. First we went down to the pub for a couple of drinks while we waited for a friend. He was late, so we were late, which led to all sorts of fun. Like the fact that our group got split in two on the tube and ended up at different stations at Clapham Common. Seriously, it's like the friggin' A train on Halloween. If I wasn't a tourist, it would have totally sucked. However, I am a tourist, so I thought it was tons of fun. We got to see some of the fireworks (big booming low to the ground) and watch people play with sparklers like they were little kids:Then we fought through crowds of people and wandered on and on and on and on looking for food. Again, I was having fun even if no one else was. Eventually another girl and I found an Italian restaurant that would seat all eight of us and we had pasta and wine and an overall good time. I'd post pics, but they're of work people and I figure I ought to respect their privacy on the internet. If you want 'em, let me know and I'll email them.
Otherwise, the last four days have been pretty status quo. My rambling thoughts for the day are that you can see the Episode 3 promo online. I think it looks good, but Sean (mention #4) and Tim think it's going to, well, suck. I still have hope. I can't help it. Also, there's an article in today's NYTimes that talks about the rise in ramen shops in NY that's driving me crazy. Between that and the horrible cravings I've been having for Pauls for the last week or so, I'm going nuts. That's probably why I ordered myself a pizza on Saturday night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home