tennis, trivia and the rest of the week
big week for slacking off. the boss is back next week and then it's time to focus for 3 months. some highlights:didn't do much over the weekend. Went to my first yoga class (hard but good) with flatmate-Carly and rewarded myself with sushi. Was up VERY late on Saturday night with the flatmates. Did nothing Sunday. I watched Enemy of the State (which I got because Tony Scott directed it but think I've seen before), Garden State (excellent - restored all my faith in Natalie Portman (Lucas is an ass). don't watch the cut scenes - he was right to cut them) and The Long Kiss Goodnight (again). sat around. did nothing.
By the way, while I was on IMDB getting the links above, I was reminded that High Tension opens this week in the US. I don't really see the point. It was fine in French. Anyways, don't pay for it. It's got some great gore (actually - it's really bloody) but the plot is full of huge holes and doesn't make any sense. It's only good as a movie you'd rent for visceral slasher thrills (I love the scene where he chops the dad's head off and all the blood goes squirting on the floor). Not worthy $8.50 or whatever NY movies cost these days.
Back to the highlights, Wednesday I went with my friend Bethan to the Stella Artois Tennis Championships at the Queen's Club. She lives right by there and gets to go for free because they muck up all the parking during the run of the tournament. I met some of her very nice friends and had my first glass of Pimms. We only saw one game (yes, I'm using the terminology correctly) but I had a really nice time. I stayed at her and her fiancee's house 'cause we stayed up a bit too late for me go home.
Last night, there was a trivia night at work. 6 people including me played on the team: The cheese-eating surrender monkeys. We had two perfect rounds (movies - where we got double points - and music), came in fourth place out of, like, 15 teams, and won a prize for best name. Very fun even if Timmy bailed so we missed the TARDIS question.
That's pretty much it. More movies this weekend I'm sure, but I haven't made any plans. I still have to do my laundry from Greece, so I'm sure that'll factor in. Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you: my dad met Arnie! If you're in London, come see the pic. Anyways, this is a very big deal in the Brown house. We've always loved and respected the guy. I've seen all his movies, starting with Conan up until Collateral Damage (horrible timing) plus Hercules in NY and Pumping Iron. So has Susan. Arnie's like, I don't know, an uncle or something. Dad says he's huge and was very nice and shook the hands of every person that was in uniform. Pretty cool, Dad.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home