Monday, February 14, 2005

valentine's

It's valentine's day. Do you know what that means? That means Susan is 25. Whoa. Happy birthday, dude!

I know you're all dying to know what I'm doing for valentine's. well, I'll tell ya: going speed dating! LOL! I'm going with flatmate-Julia and her sister also-Laura. Full report after I've been.

In the meantime, I'll tell you I had the most lovely weekend. Friday, the usual drinks at the Lincoln followed by THE BEST pizza and then the director's cut of The Frighteners, one of all my all-time favorite movies.

Saturday, drinks at Slug and Lettuce, followed by a very nice steak dinner at Gaucho Grill with a decent martini (some new vodka I can't remember the name of) and cabernet. Then we went to the movie theater where, get this, there was a bar. Can you believe it? Anyways, UV Vodka: absolutely disgusting. Never ever EVER drink this. I think we had the blue one but it doesn't matter. Movie made up for it. We saw Sideways, which was very clever and lovely. I recommend (but not at NY prices - wait for the video). More drinks (sensing a theme? it went with the movie, trust me) at some bar in Canary Wharf (where this all took place) accompanied by trivia games like Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Sunday, St. Paul's Cathedral. Quite a bit under scaffolding and we mis-timed it so that we ran into Evensong, but still wonderful, so will go back on another day. Dad, you'll have to visit the crypt. I think you'll be fascinated by all the war memorials. Had a lovely walk around, lit my candle for Mum, Evelyn and June, and left. Pictures to come. Also, the bells were chiming as we left, which was just... indescribable. Also, went to Monument but didn't go up as I was wearing the wrong shoes. That's also for another day. Followed by veggie soup and cappuccino to warm up before heading home. Just a great, relaxing weekend.

Happy Valentine's Day.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for lighting the candles and thinking of those who have moved up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home