Friday, January 28, 2005

robbed by da man

Dude, I was all set to come here and do a week round up post, but I stopped to read espn.com (Sports Guy's mailbag to be specific) first and this happened:

Q: You wrote in your last mailbag, "Can you remember a better foursome in one conference than the Steelers, Pats, Colts and Chargers? Even the Best Picture category in the 1995 Oscars wasn't that loaded." Please tell me you were referring to the 1994 Oscars with such classics as, "Pulp Fiction", "Forrest Gump", "Shawshank Redemption", and "Quiz Show". And not 1995 with such films as "Babe", "Sense and Sensibilty"and "Il Postino."--Jordan K., Hastings, MN

SG: You're right, I referenced the wrong year. (Thumping chest.) My bad, my bad. (End thumping chest.) While we're here, we have a soap opera channel, a game show channel, a sitcom channel ... why hasn't anyone launched an awards show channel yet? Who wouldn't watch edited telecasts of the 1977 Oscars with Travolta and Stallone, or Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas gunning for a 1985 Emmy? You're telling me this wouldn't grab more viewers than Trio did?

ROBBED! I wrote to the Sports Guy about that one. That totally sucks. I feel denied. It's almost enough to not be happy it's Friday.

Nah. I'm pretty happy it's Friday. Wrap up later...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home