Tuesday, January 04, 2005

happy new year!

And, well, it's about time I get my blog back up to snuff. So here's a lengthy post, starting with catching you up on what's happened since my last real post up to when I left for vacation:

November (has it been that long?):
First of all, congrats to Dad & Vicki and Mike & Georgene who had their anniversaries, happy birthday, Mike!, and happy turkey day. I basically spent the second half of November working my butt off preparing for a conference and looking for a new apartment. I did manage to make it out a few times, however, and took a couple pictures for you guys:

The Underground:


The river at night:


Thanksgiving was ok. Some very nice people at work went out to lunch with me and I had chicken. But again, November was basically a wash.

December:
If I thought November was bad, I should have waited for December. The conference went really well but that week was just horrendously busy. We also did a ton of 2005 planning. That made the next two weeks all catch-up work, which I have even more of facing me today. Which means I basically have to go before I can write about the holiday. Also, I've got to upload the pics, but here's one more of a pub we get lunch in sometimes called the Waterside:



I gots to go, but I'll leave you with a random link to an article from Business Week:
Resting with the Fish -- Forever
Eternal Reefs aims to give the ashes of your cremated loved ones a dignified home on the ocean floor in a way that gives back to nature

I actually think this is a pretty cool idea. Might be fun to be a fish home.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. 1--I can't breathe down there.
Part B--a GOVERNMENT construction project. huh. big balls of concrete the Department of Homeland Security says will give dolphins a place to lounge while they aren't patroling for submarines. i don't think so.
Section III--it's not about the dolphins. i bet a building permit is required.
xxxx Mommie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home