flat stuff
First of all, I have done extensive research and study and have come to the final conclusion that boys suck. Don't even try to argue. You know it's true.Moving on, as I walked to work today, it occurred to me I haven't actually written about London in a LONG time. Lots of random posts, yes, but no London. So, here's some flat news:
As you know, I've moved again. My new flat is a 15-minute walk to work (instead of a 2-minute walk) in a neighborhood called Angel. Angel is full of restaurants and bars and movie theaters and very young professional. Think... West Village (NY) (no East Village punks - that's Camden) or Hillcrest (CA) minus the rainbow factor. Well, not really Hillcrest, but I can't think of a better example. It's right by a tube stop and a busy bus route. Here's a picture:
I live in the very upper-left corner in that row of houses that looks like a zipper. Angel, is basically off the map up to the north. Again, clever people can go to http://www.streetmap.co.uk/ and enter EC1V 4NN as the post code.
The house has 4 floors. The ground floor has the kitchen and a sitting room and a laundry room that opens up to our backyard and a little bathroom. The 1st floor (remember we're in Europe - the 1st floor is one flight up, not the ground floor) has the living room where we all hang out, the main bathroom and one of the bedrooms. The 2nd floor has two more bedrooms, including mine. The 3rd floor has two more bedrooms and a bathroom that they share. If you've lost count, that's 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms.
My room is huge. I have a double bed with drawers and two little closets and a clothes rack, a desk and chair, a bookshelf, and a faux (now) fireplace with a mantel. Unfortunately, I also have the main fire alarm bell, so smoky cooking makes me very grumpy. I face the street (loud) but have a nice view of a church and its yard and excellent curtains that keep out most the light. Pictures whenever I get around to unpacking.
My flatmates are very nice. There's two guys and two girls (and a visiting brother for a little while). They're all from the UK and all professionals, but one of the girls just moved to London for the first time and is still exploring and one of the girls is moving out soon and a new girl from Spain will be moving in. I haven't met her yet.
Anyways, I haven't got much work done while I've been typing this, so I better go, but I hope that tides you over for a bit. Come visit. I'm thinking about buying a blow-up mattress.


1 Comments:
we do not suck. we are just brain dammaged.
Post a Comment
<< Home