aw man
Then I read this and all was forgiven:January 27, 2005
I hate running flattering e-mails from readers, but I couldn't resist running this one -- the coolest e-mail I've received in a long time. And yes, I gave him my address. From time to time, I'll hear from a reader stuck fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan or somewhere else, and I always e-mail them the same thing -- "Stay safe out there." I hope they all come back sooner than later.
Anyway, here's the e-mail:
Sports Guy,
Just wanted to say thank you. I'm part of a five-man humvee unit somewhere in northern Iraq. All of us are sports fans (I'm a huge Sox and Patriots fan, Springfield, Mass, and one crappy Yankees fan). We have one computer (I'm the nerd) and every morning the first thing we do is setup our wireless connection and check Page 2. All of the articles are great but the one we love is yours. Everyday we get a chance to read you it makes it feel a little closer to home. We appreciate it. My wife sends your articles through regular mail in case we miss one which is often. I know I already said it but thanks again. I talked to my superiors and got the OK for this: If you can give an address to wherever we can send it we have an American flag from our humvee and an official unit patch wed like to send you. We want to make you an honorary member of our unit The Seahawks. Any little thing we can do to let you know how much we appreciate you and the Intern. Thanks, man. Time to go, another day, take care and God Bless the Red Sox.
Sgt Furr, Justin DNCOIC Unit 54United States Marine Corps
"Some people spend their whole lives wondering whether ore not they made a difference in life, the Marines do not have that problem"-- President Ronald Reagan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home