vengeance procrastination
I am not sick any more and probably wasn't to begin with. I think it's allergies. I'm still taking a ton of C and echinicea to be sure (I can't seem to find Lysine in this bloomin' neighborhood). Thank you for all your love and concern - Hi Grandma! Hi Mom!I am, however, totally absolutely swamped at work. I'm booking all our ads for the year under extreme time constraints while my boss is off enjoying Florida with her boyfriend in a convertible. Not that I'm jealous or annoyed or anything. So I'm taking a time out to eat some disgusting baked mini cheddar cracker things and give yah a little update.
So, like I said, super-busy at work. Staying late, being stressed out. But I did have a nice weekend. Friday night, the usual drinks at the Lincoln Lounge, followed by Wagamama's, followed by The Changeling (still friggin' scary).
Saturday, got up seriously late and didn't really do anything. I saw most of The Greatest Show on Earth. Oh, and Charmed, season 6 finale part 1. Don't laugh. Hey, when you don't get much US TV, you take what you can get. Cleaned the bathroom AGAIN. Man, I'm going to get that damn thing scrubbed right if it kills me (Jerrod - remember how I obsessed over the stove? same thing). A whole bunch of girls (5) were visiting flatmate-Julia and I went out dancing with them (and flatmate-Carly's brother) at Salmon and Compass, a nearby club. Club was ok. Company was better. We were out very late.
Sunday, woke up at 10:30 and remembered I actually had to get up to help put trash in the dumpster. What happens is once a month they send around a big dumpster, UK English translation: "skip", so everyone can throw out their big trash. We had a moldy couch and broken bed to toss. I didn't help with the moving, but I did spend two hours cleaning up the garden getting rid of all the dead leaves, etc. After all that, the big reward: Sunday roast! Finally, a traditional Sunday roast at a pub. This consists of roast beef (the only time they don't overcook the meat), potatoes, veggies, gravy and Yorkshire pudding. Yorkshire pudding is hard to describe. For one thing, it's a pastry. They're always calling something pudding that's not. I still haven't figured out what is a pudding and what isn't. Anyways, it's like... a brioche that's been hollowed out. Yummy! Nice walk through the neighborhood getting to know the flatmates, especially flatmate-Jerry. Got home, finished The Changeling and was basically lazy until bed. No, I didn't stay up for the SuperBowl. What would have been the point without the commercials or at least someone to watch it with? Yes, I'm glad the Pats won. Yes, it's because I'm a girl.
Oh, I forgot: our power on the ground floor, including the kitchen, blew out on Saturday, so that was a big pain, but all fixed Monday, so whatever.
Skipping Monday, which was very long and annoying, today has been great. I finally got off my butt and went to the gym this morning for a swim. It just made the whole day better, even if my back hurts from using muscles I haven't used since I was 12. We'll see, but I'm going to do my bestest.
Whelp, that's an hour's worth of procrastination. I better get back. I'm seriously sucking at email right now, but I'll try and talk at y'all soon.


1 Comments:
Glad to hear you are all o.k. now. As for American TV, it is getting worse and "worser". Very bad taste all around. Seems to cater to the teen mentality. Wonder what happened to all the great writers who once contributed great stuff for evening programs. I think we are going the way of ancient Rome. Have taken to reading a lot. Take care of yourself. There is only one you! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment
<< Home