quick weekend movie post
Weekend was pretty uneventful, so I just thought I'd quickly jot down what I thought of the three movies I saw.Beyond Borders: oof. that was hard to watch. ugh. not a happy movie at all. well shot, though. hard core. Vicki, you should never ever watch this.
Dawn of the Dead: sweet! excellent zombie goodness (although the blood color needed a little work). I liked it. Reminded me of Assault on Precinct 13. Oh and my flatmate said that he didn't think it was intentionally satirical. Nut.
& The Dead Will Walk: is it weird that I know have a crush on Tom Savini?
Man on Fire: disappointing. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be and he took the hyper cutting used by his in Black Hawk Down (to great effect) and Gladiator (to bad effect) way too far. I knew the ending plot twist the whole time and never really bought Denzel as a man pushed too far. (I mean, if you're a stone cold assasin who doesn't kill any women, how stone cold can you be?) I like the last scene and I want to buy the soundtrack but I'd really looked forward to it and was disappointed. Revenge was better.
Finally, can't wait for next week's conclusion of Bad Wolf on Dr. Who!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home