Monday, March 19, 2007

what you been up to?

oh, nothing much. You know, saving the world. Yup, I've gone green, well, a little anyways. ConEd's PowerYourWay program actually encourages you to switch to another energy provider (an ESCO). They'll even give you 7% off your bill for the first two months. But the best part is: they have a whole selection of GreenPower companies. I chose to go with ConEdison Solutions. They have two renewable energy offerings and I took the 100% wind one for one tenth of a penny more than my current rate. They also have 35% wind/65% hydro that would have been two cents less than my current rate. There's also some good biomass programs etc. worth looking at from the other ESCOs, but I chose to go with the cheaper option to help save me some money too. So, from now on, all my electricity (including my long lasting lightbulbs) is wind power! Really, if you're a ConEd customer, you've got no excuse. You can do it at the same price or even very slightly cheaper and they'll still be your delivery company.

Now, you Cali people are, unfortunately, behind the times. SDGE is making it's power more renewable, but it's not letting you guys do much to help. Still, you should check out their environmental section and tell them you want more green initiatives! PGE says it's going to offer some sort of voluntary program, so best keep an eye on that.

Love the planet, hate foreign oil, check it out. :-)

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's excellent info Laura. I'm checking out what I do in California

 

Post a Comment

<< Home