Monday, May 10, 2004

So here's the news

For those of you who haven't heard it yet, I was offered a new job last Friday (May 7 if you're keeping count). The paperwork hasn't gone through, but I would be an assistant marketing manager, which is pretty good step up from an administrative assistant. Anyways, the whole point of this story is to get to the good part: ...London. My boss will be here in the States for another 16 months or so. That leaves the London people short. So, they're sending me to London for a year, beginning sometime end of August/beginning of September. Yay me!

Now, it occurs to me that London is five hours ahead of NYC and eight hours ahead of Cali. That, frankly, sucks. Talking on the phone to CA isn't going to happen as often. On top of that, you guys all know I'm not exactly the best e-mailer. So, I figure, why not start a blog? I can update you on preparations before I leave and then journal about what's happening in London while I'm there. Is it a cop out? Well, maybe. But if it helps, I did spend hours trying to find the best software program.

Anyways, this is my blog. Welcome. Read, write, whatever. Oh yeah, and while you're here, I'll take this brief interlude to solicit up-to-date contact details. I'm going to be leaving all sorts of stuff behind and I don't want it to include you!

6 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura:
Congrats on your promotion. I hope it carries a BIG raise in pay to go along with the transfer to old blighty. Never been to that part of the planet but don't miss it as I hear it is as cloudy and damp as Seattle and, I have been there..... in the winter and nearly froze! You know me..... I'm the original sun lover in this tribe.

Get your Ham license before you go and we can talk over Ham radio shortwave! Maybe you might want to remember that midnight London time is 4 pm standard time in Ca. 5 pm Daylight. Have fun and keep in touch.....
Love, Grandad

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura - great set up.
And major congrats on the new job.
Pop

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you in London, and to showing you the sights and sounds of the greatest city in the world.

See you soon,
Ben

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Laura! Now that you're such a city girl, time to add another big city to the notches on the belt.
Best,
Unca Mike

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura!!! Hope you come back with an English accent???? Keep us posted. Love, Grandma Pat

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura!!! Hope you come back with an English accent???? Keep us posted. Love, Grandma Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home